Saturday, February 11, 2012

Getting Organized

A few months ago we did a pretty big move I mean driving 13 hours with two toddlers and my dear husband following in a moving truck ahh stressful. But we are so happy to be together and to start a new chapter with our little family. Since we have moved in October i have been going room by room and tried to organize from top to bottom. Usually in the past I have always left the master room for last, but i have learned that it makes me feel better to put the master room somewhere at the top of the to do list. It use to drive me crazy that i would run around getting things done all day around the house in my spare time but yet i would into what was supposed to be "mommy and daddy’s" relaxing area and it was UNORGANIZED... So i decided to look over all the rooms and see what was needed to organize and what we already had to help organize, to avoid over spending and buying unneeded items. Also it would give me a chance to price different items and shop around. Before I have made the mistake of just buying things instead of shopping around and I save a lot more and make sure that we are getting a better product as well! I started with a paper and pencil and measuring tape… and have gone from room to room in search of how to best organize everything and the items and correct size that I need as well. We have a budget for everything in our house so I am getting items as I go J . In the area where we live the local Target seems to have the biggest / stylish collection of organizational things. They have tons of different sizes and colors. The boys chose to share a room there for I found it necessary to color code so we don’t have issues of who’s clothes / hats/ socks are who’s J .
 
 
 
 
Conner LOVES everything blue and Hunter is ALL about green .. So they were happy with our choices lol. Next I did under our bathroom sink because we already had the items to organize it. I put everything n categories and then got rid of old of unused items and distributed them into individual containers. This of course was done during nap it literally only took 20 minutes I was so excited that everything finally had a place under our sink!!
 
 
The pantry is also on the completed list labeled containers are my favorite. An old friend got me into labels , to me it looks so nice and tidy (plus no one has to ask me what is what J ). Don’t get me wrong my pantry is not flawless at all times but I do try to make sure its organized every time we go grocery shopping so that I can pay attention to what we need to buy and what we don’t.
 

 
Check back to see how my organization is going!! I try to organize a little every day there is always something in my planner on a chore to organize and clean at least one thing. Some projects take a couple days because well I am a wife and mommy and those things come first J . Take it one room at a time and go to town with your pencil , paper, and measuring tape. Also it helps to draw up a rough draft of some projects J READY SET ORGANIZE.

No comments:

Post a Comment